Wednesday, August 28, 2019

hat was a journey in its self over the past seven weeks. For me, it came full circle and the main concepts that stuck were the importance of instilling hope in the client, letting them drive the service and that they are a powerful tool in recovery. We use scenarios as examples all the time, and the media uses people, why not start letting the people going through the recovery choose their models and people to support them. 
I believe I can continue advocating for people rights as well as sharing my knowledge of this course and through my gained experiences to better the recovery journey for others. I hope that those of us that have enjoyed these materials and gleaned some sense of recovery from it can keep it, that we do not enter into a system that will challenge our boundaries or our treatment ideas with clients. I hope we all get to work for a program as forward-thinking as we are and that will only strengthen our access to the system and the helping professions. 
-Sean K

No comments:

Post a Comment